– How can I play custom missions ?
– How do I unlock all the tilesets ?
– How do I get a trap to work ?
– How do I get a protect mission to work ?
– Where can I download missions ?
– How do I get missions to and from my playstation ?
– Where can I buy a DexDrive ?
– I don’t own a DexDrive. What are the alternatives ?
– I downloaded a mission but it won’t work ?
– How do I convert missions ?
– How do I submit a mission to the search engine ?
How can I play custom missions ?
Tenchu 2 has a mission editor which allows you to play and create custom missions.
How do I unlock all the tilesets ?
You unlock more tilesets as you complete more of the game. The tilesets can also be unlocked by using a cheat which can be found on the cheats page.
Note: The only was you can unlock the Office tileset is by using a separate cheat.
How do I get a trap to work ?
For a trap to work you need to place it in conjunction with a switch.
For multi-trap areas a switch usually operates a trap that is positioned in-line with itself, if not it takes the nearest available trap.
How do I get a protect mission to work ?
In order for a protect mission to work you must have specified a path leading Gohda to Sekiya.
Gohda will then follow your character if in “?” mode. Your character must stay near to Gohda if he is to continue his path. He will stop and remain if you go too far ahead or different status modes arise.
Where can I download missions ?
Please read here.
How do I get missions to and from my playstation ?
There are several pieces of hardware that can help transfer saved missions to and from your playstation and personal computer.
The most popular, by far, is Interact’s DexDrive.
Where can I buy a DexDrive ?
It is becoming increasingly difficult to get hold of DexDrives, but here is a place you could try:eBay
I don’t own a dexdrive. What are the alternatives ?
If you don’t own a Dexdrive or transferring device there are alternatives. You can play and make your own missions by using a playstation emulator. The three most popular are:
I downloaded a mission but it won’t work ?
The most likely explanation is that you have downloaded the mission in the wrong format. Try downloading it again.
If the problem still arises and you are sure its not the format it could be the file is corrupt. If you think this is the case email us stating the problem and we will try to rectify the problem.
- First of all you will need a program called PSXGameEdit.
- Open your .GME save file and select the mission you wish to convert.
- Choose Select Format and choose the format you wish to change the save into. Click Yes when the warning message come up.
- Once that is complete you need to change the P.Code to the right. For UK the code is SLES-02452, EU SLES-02463, SP SLES-02465, US SLUS-00939 and JP SLPS-03040. Now click back on the main area where your saves are listed.
- You should now get a message asking you to confirm your code change. Click Yes.
- Well done. You have changed the format of a Tenchu 2 save.